Charity Bake Sale
There’s a bake sale on Saturday (May 18) from 9a-2p at Lutz Mountain Meeting House (3143 Mountain Rd Moncton).
Money raised will be donated to the Avery and Ethan Education Fund.(they’re the children of Kathy Horsman who died in a car accident last month.) If you want to donate (baked goods, money, other) call Bonnie: 372-4195, April: 383-4559 or Darlene: 215-0700.
CLICK HERE for the Facebook page
Here’s a map: View Larger Map
(Scotty & Tony note: we’re calling this Moncton’s Comic-Con until the Comic-Con lawyers tell us to stop.)
The East Coast Comic Expo is on Saturday from 10a-6p at Beaver Club. Here’s what to expect:
- Admission $10 (adults) 5$ (kids)
- A family friendly, community event promoting literacy and the great medium of comic books.
- Exciting guests with the current artists of Wolverine & The X-Men, Batman, Swamp Thing & My Little Pony on hand.
- 3 Panel Discussions are scheduled, featuring comics pros; a Marvel comics panel, a DC Comics Panel, a Self-publishing Panel
- Comic collectors can buy/sell/trade at the show: All the maritime comic retailers will be there.
- Robert Maillet from films like 300, Sherlock Holmes, & Pacific Rim
- Sheriff Duke and Friends will be on hand for balloon animals, glitter tattoos and face painting for the kids.
- Costume groups will be attending and anyone can come dressed as their favourite comic book character. Prizes will be awarded.
- Come and see Iron Man at the show! Saint John resident Phillip Stark Vautour will have his functioning Iron Man suit there.
- info: https://www.facebook.com/events/613554411988825/?ref=22
Here’s a map: View Larger Map
A good link for info if you have a backyard fire pit
We caught up with mid-day host Handsome Paul Thomas at the casino yesterday. He won a bet with Shilo from the Drive Home Show and got to steal a week of Shilo’s vacation. Shilo loves the casino, so it was good of Paul to go enjoy it for Shilo. Nice guy.
mmmmmmmmm spaghetti !!!
SPAGHETTI SUPPER TONIGHT AT MAGNETIC HILL A reminder tonight is the grade 8 spaghetti supper at Magnetic Hill School. There are 2 sittings, one at 5:00 and another at 6:30. There is also the option of takeout if you want to pick up a meal on the way home! The cost is $10 for adults and $6 for children. Come out and help support the grade 8 students as they raise funds for year end events and for the Ethan & Avery Horsman Fund.
CLICK HERE for more
New Canadian Country artist Brett Kissel stopped by the radio station yesterday. In the middle of his performance someone’s chair broke. Brett didn’t miss a beat…
We were spying on mid-day host Handsome Paul Thomas yesterday to see what he was up to during his week of bonus vacation. (he won a bet with Drive Home Show Shilo. Paul won a week of Shilo’s vacation.) Handsome Paul busted us and we high-tailed it outta there!
watch cute baby dance to wagon wheel
Sens fan (and mid-day host) Handsome Paul Thomas won a bet with Habs fan (and drive home show host) Shilo.
Shilo bet a week of vacation that the Habs would win the series. Here’s a photo of Handsome Paul enjoying his first day of vacation while Shilo is back at the radio station doing Paul’s shift.